This is the story of the Rice family who left their home in New England to see the country - in a 32' Duchman RV

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Avoid SFO Airport at all costs!

While the long-term parking run by New South Parking at San Francisco Airport seems to be RV friendly, they are to be avoided at all costs.



When planning our trip from SFO, I checked their website and saw long-term parking was listed as “$18 max per 24 hours”. There was no indication that RVs would be charged more. I actually called their customer service number and was told by the woman who answered the call that there was specifically not an extra charge for oversized vehicles. With that information, I made my plans to park at the airport.

Upon arriving at SFO, I was directed by an attendant not to park in the RV lot because it was full of cars. Instead I was told to park in Lot D. At Lot D I was further directed to park at the farthest reaches of the lot near bus stop 15 which we did.

Upon checking out three weeks later, we were told that the amount on the ticket did not apply because we were in two spots and it would be double.  I was required to pay double what I should have, or more than if I had left my RV in an RV park with full hookups. 

I feel this overcharging  is unfair and a deceptive business practice. I now have to try and fight through the corporate paperwork to try and get my money back.

I just wanted to warn the RV community that if they need to fly out of Northern California, don't choose SFO if you can avoid it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home